The main training courses and workshops related to field-based activities and implemented by SFSP – Phase II are presented in this section, starting with the most recent ones.
- Farmer Forest Management School Workshop, Yen Chau, 10-18/1/ 2001 (organised by RECOFTC/Bangkok)
- Review workshop for Participatory Technology Development (PTD), Hanoi, 11-15 December 2000
- PTD training in Daklak, 1-12 March 2000
- PTD training in Thai Nguyen, 17-27 November 1999
- Research proposal writing, Hanoi, 7-8 June 1999
- Research strategy development, Hanoi, 11-12 March 1999
- Development of critical analytical skills based on the preparation of literature reviews, 16-17 September 1998 in Hanoi and 18-19 September 1998 in Thu Duc
Back to Field-based activities
Nội dung bài viết:
Farmer Forest Management School (FFMS) Workshop, Yen Chau, 10-18/1/ 2001
The workshop introduced the concept of FFMS to extension staff and forest rangers from different projects. Two members from Hoa Binh Extension Centre as well as one technical assistant from SFSP participated in the workshop. The objectives were to improve the capacity of extensionists to analyse forest resources with farmers, define their learning interests and select alternative forest management practices, then try out the most sustainable ones.
The workshop was organised by the Regional Community Forest Training Centre (RECOFTC) and facilitated by its two consultants, Marco Miagostovich and Ronnakorn Triraganon.
Review workshop for Participatory Technology Development (PTD), Hanoi, 11-15 December 2000
One year after the implementation of the first PTD experiments, a review workshop was organised in Hanoi in order to evaluate the status of on-going PTD experiments and plan for the continuing development of PTD in SFSP.
The key actors from all partners attended this workshop which was facilitated by Mr. Ueli Scheuermeier, consultant from the Swiss Center for Extension (LBL) and Mr. Cai from Thu Duc Agriculture and Forestry University.
PTD training in Daklak, 1-12 March 2000
A training course similar to the one organised in November 1999 in Thai Nguyen (see below) was organised in order to introduce the methods and process of PTD to the 3 Southern partners (Thu Duc, Hue and Tay Nguyen universities).
This training was conducted by Mr. Ueli Scheuermeier and Ms. Elisabeth Katz, Swiss consultants (LBL).
PTD training in Thai Nguyen, 17-27 November 1999
A series of three workshops were held:
- Firstly: a three-day introduction to the basics of PTD;
- Secondly: a four-day workshop in Vau village (Van Lang commune, Dong Hy district, Thai Nguyen), in which the methods of PTD were applied for identifying experiments of interest to the villagers;
- Finally: a three-day workshop discussed specific follow-up in Vau, in which the general organisational requirements of PTD, as well as the monitoring and documentation, were explored.
Follow-up activities are now being implemented in Vau village.
These workshops were conducted by Mr. Ueli Scheuermeier and Ms. Elisabeth Katz, Swiss consultants (LBL), and were attended by representatives of the four Northern partners (Xuan Mai and Thai Nguyen universities, Hoa Binh Extension Centre and the National Institute for Soils and Fertilisers).